On our site you can pay for trips quickly and safely. We use external encrypted payment methods. You can also make a traditional transfer and send us confirmation to your account.
Tour cancellations must be received in writing and the date of cancellation will be the date of receipt of the written communication.
You can cancel your booking for a full refund* with minimum 24 hours notice before your departure time. Due to limited space on our public tours, no refund is possible within 24 hours of tour departure.
Please Note: We may be able to reschedule your booking if unforeseen circumstances arise. This is based on tour availability.
*minus operating cost of payment brokers
In the unlikely event that Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike should cancel a bike tour, you will be notified by communication channel you’ve contacted us (e-mail, phone, social media) and all trip fee payments will be refunded in full. Refunds constitute full settlement in the event of cancellation of a tour; No refund or discount can be granted for arriving late or leaving a tour prior to its conclusion.
Unexpected things can happen and your travel investment should be protected. We strongly advise you to purchase Travel Insurance to safeguard you in the event of unforeseeable trip related expenses, such as trip cancellation, injuries, emergency medical treatment, and lost or stolen luggage.
Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike does not recommend any particular insurance company or policy, and you should inquire carefully about coverage and conditions.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS
IN CONSIDERATION for allowing my participation in a Poland By Locals sp. z o.o./Gdańsk By Bike tour, I hereby waive, release and discharge forever, Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike, its officers, directors, agents, employees, guides, trip leaders and volunteers (collectively “Poland By Locals”) from and against any and all liability including, but not limited to: any injury, death, illness, and property damage or loss occurring while participating in a Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike tour or in travel to and from the tour.
I also agree not to sue or file claims of whatever nature against Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike for any or all damages, personal property losses, and injuries or claims which I may sustain as the result of the negligence or other acts, however caused, by myself or Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike during my participation in Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike tours and/or activities.
I understand and agree that this Waiver and Release shall be binding upon me personally, all members of my family, my and their heirs, successors, assigns, and legal and personal representatives.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND PARTICIPANT/ CYCLIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- I realize that bicycling is a potentially hazardous activity and that the tour routes require bicycling on public roadways- paved and unpaved of varying condition, and trails-public and secluded- of varying conditions, and in bad weather, and that cyclists may be hospitalized or die because of mishaps-traffic or other- that are either their responsibility or others’ responsibility.
- I am voluntarily participating in this tour with the knowledge of the numerous risks and dangers involved including but not limited to: negligence in any manner on the part of Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike, including, without limitation, negligence in the conduct or arrangement of the trip in any respect from inception to completion; collision with pedestrians, vehicles, other cyclists, and /or fixed or moving objects; the negligence of other cyclists and/or Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike ride leaders, volunteers or drivers; dangers arising from falls; poor road and trail surfaces; dangers from road irregularities including but not limited to potholes, road grooves, railroad crossings, and slippery metal and wooden bridges; hazardous traffic patterns; exposure to risks while engaged in other voluntary activities related to the tour including but not limited to swimming, kayaking, and walking to various destinations; breakdown or failure of bicycles-owned or rented- or other equipment; negligence in the maintenance and operation of any van or other motor vehicle used to transport passengers; transportation failures whether by train, auto, van or bus, boat, by foot or any other conveyance; hazards of consumption of alcoholic beverages; risks associated with consuming food or water; criminal activity; dangers associated with animals; risk of accident or illness without access to rapid emergency medical services and supplies; the adequacy of medical attention once provided; and risk of stolen, lost or misplaced luggage or property- including bicycle. I hereby agree to be responsible for my own welfare and accept any and all risks of delay, unanticipated events, inconvenience, illness, injury, emotional trauma or death.
- If I suffer any injury or illness, I agree that the Organiser may provide evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment at my expense and my acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes my consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.
- While Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike may provide me with geographical directions during bicycle rides, they do not make, and expressly disclaim any representations or warranties with respect to the condition or safety of the roads/trails on which I bicycle or walk, and I am responsible for observing such road or trail conditions and determining whether I am able to ride my bicycle and/or walk in light of such conditions.
- I agree that I will use good judgment, be self-reliant and discontinue further participation in the bike tour if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe. In extreme situations, I understand and agree not to wait for assistance exclusive to the support provided by Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike. In the event of any injury or accident, I agree to notify the event leader, and consent to and permit emergency medical treatment.
- I realize that touring requires physical conditioning, and attest that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the completion of the Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike tour entered, or will be subject to early termination at Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike’ discretion if I am unable to cycle at the standard of the tour.
- I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance before or during any cycling activity. I accept full responsibility for injury, loss or damage arising from consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance.
- I confirm getting information about possibility of using helmet when riding a bicycle during the tour.
- I agree to provide for my own insurance coverage (travel, emergency medical, health, accident, theft, etc.) while participating in a Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike Tour, and for ensuring that such insurance covers my activities for the duration of the registered tour, and that it is valid in the countries where the tour is conducted.
- I understand Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike reserves the right to remove any person it judges as unwilling to ride in a safe manner or who it determines to detract from the enjoyment of the trip by others. Such a person will not received a refund.
- Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike reserves the right to make route, lodging and trip modifications or cancel events.
- I give permission to Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike to use my name, photographs, evaluations or any other record of my participation in Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike tours for any promotional and advertising purposes, without fee, obligation or liability to me.
- I agree not to use any of Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike cycling routes,to cue sheets or other trip materials for purposes of organizing any tour or event.
- I acknowledge and warrant to Poland By Locals/Gdańsk By Bike that each person I make booking for has agreed to the terms and conditions.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS AND LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS OF THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY JOINING A TOUR. I AGREE THAT THIS IS A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT BE MODIFIED ORALLY AND MAY NOT BE WAIVED IN ANY RESPECT.
Emergency Numbers: 0048 537 168 775 lub 0048 663 305 047
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTING THE BIKE
I General Terms
1. Poland By Locals Sp. z o.o. z based in Gdynia, Powstania Wielkopolskiego 17 street called Renting Company, rents functional, fault-free and clean bike equipment to the Rentier
2. The rental fee is charged in advance according to the price list
3. Rentier can use bicycle equipment for its intended purpose, while complying with applicable regulations, in particular traffic regulations. Rentier can use the bicycle only on paved roads trails and cycle paths. Driving on the beach is prohibited!!!
II Rentier’s Responsibility
1. Rentier is liable for damage of bicycle equipment caused by him and third parties, arising from the moment of signing the contract and the release of the equipment until the return and is obliged to cover the damage.
2. Rentier is responsible for the stealing by the third parties
3. In case of loosing by Rentier the subject of rent, he/she is responsible for paying Renting Company gross price:
payment for loosing the bike – 1000 zł, helmet – 100 zł, baby sit – 300 zł, trolley – 800 zł, basket or bicycle lock – 50 zł.
4. Rentier is using the subject of rent only on his/her own responsibility and is obliged to follow rules of driving on roads.
5. Rentier resign pursuing any claims from the Renting Company due to accidents, collisions as well as damages or injures sustained by the Rentier during the use of the object of rent.
6. Renting Company bears the cost of rearing damage to the subject of the lease resulting from its normal operation.
7. Rentier is forbidden to make repairs of bicycle equipment without the will and knowledge of the Renting Company. Renting Company does not cover the costs of this type of repair.
III Return of bicycle equipment
1. Rentier is obliged to return the subject of rent on the date and place indicated in the lease agreement.
2. The extension of the rental period requires the prior consent of the Renting Company
3. In case of not returning the subject of rent on time, the Rentier is obliged to pay the Renting Company the rental fee and additional fee of 50 PLN for each subsequent rental day.